Research Grant Programs
The Canadian Kinesiology Alliance / Alliance canadienne de kinésiologie (CKA / ACK) encourages practicing Kinesiologists and students to pursue research in the field to maintain its high level standard base on evidence. Many organisations have grant and/or funding programs available. Below is a list of possible programs from a National to Provincial level:
Each university may have endowment fund programs available, please inquire with your university.
- BC - Craig Asmundson Annual Undergraduate Bursary
- Ontario - Ministry of Research and Innovation funding programs (for details see Office of Research - Funding programs - Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation)
- FKQ: coming soon
- Hexplorations – A technological aid for research within the physical activity domain.
- Government of Canada – Research Grants
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) funding programs
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) funding programs
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) funding programs
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) funding programs
- Canada Research Chairs (CRC) program
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
Canadian Diabetes Association